If it's on the menu ... I'm gonna order it POINT BLANK!

You know the feeling when you think someone is watching you or trying to punk you? Oohh or when you see a spider and then the next moment you feel something crawling on you? Did you just get it? Hmmm

So I think I need to update this blogiary and post some more pictures of my travels up north. Where the bison and goats roam. Speaking of animals I saw 2 ducks fighting this morning. Yeah waking up to real down feathers and flocking of beaks was really and truly refreshing.

So on Wednesday I got up a little early and drove down to Vineyard Haven to check out the Artclliff. That's the diner I was referring to on my last post in which if you M******F***** read that it's a diner with a very unique menu. I got there around 11:30 and seeing how it was just me I thought I would get to sit at the bar and just eat. But apparently there was a wait for the tables and the bar seats. ( and throwing in the race cards didn't help at all. I even told him that I was mixed) So I waited... and waited.... and an hour later finally got the hell up and walked inside and demanded a seat. Obama is president you know I said... speaking of him he finally arrived on the island today via helicopter. He flew over the restaurant around 2pm today and all of his secret service peeps have been circling the island and all the back roads for a couple days now. LAME... and you thought dc traffic was bad when the president rolled out into the streets. Try moving a goat and a horse drawn buggy out of the way so 3 escalades can zoom by haha. BAAAHH.....NEIGHHHH.... ZOOOOOMMMM!!!! So when I finally got to sit down and order the wait staff had already used up all of there manners. They were literally fresh out of hospitality and I just decided to check the menu. I ordered as fast as I could to avoid the awkward stares from the tourists eating around me.

 I ordered the special of the day which was zucchini pancakes served with hollandaise, tomatoes (in season all you palena cooks) , arugula, chicken sausage , and 2 sunny side up eggs. To me it all sounds great very seasonal and very approachable but when it came out I was kinda confused for a minute. I think cause everything kinda covered the pancakes hmm maybe it was because I should have been buzzed. The only time I eat pancakes or waffles is when i'm buzzed. But as I started to take bites of everything together and separate it dawned on me that I couldn't taste anything at all. The arugula wasn't spicy and the pancakes were kinda underdone and mushy.

 I really have nothing else to say about the experience other than the chef food truck is freaking amazing and I'm not sure we the diner is lacking. Maybe they were just too busy it happens in the restaurant business. I know my days at the GOLDEN CORRAL (YEAH GREEN SHIRTS STAND UP) were definitely like that. Anywho the rest of my day was spent at work cooking for the rest of martha's vineyard touristsblah blah blah.
My desserts are still evolving and now have become a hybrid of the two I have mentioned before. I am doing a trio of sorbets ( summer berry and cream. lemon mint, and blueberry vanilla) with a summer fruit salad and almond crumble. I'm taking it a day at a time and trying not to drive up food cost anymore than I do now. I was also asked to think of a pasta dish for the menu next week and I'm taking it very seriously. Why you say? No that's not why! NO not that either. Just stop cause your embarrassing yourself just like jeff and bags does when they dances on the line. I always here this damn tune "all the fazzoletti ...put your forks up!" I'm taking it serious cause well cause it's food and I like good food. Along with a good cynar sour and a smores pop tart and now I just gave myself a culinary boner thanks. I'm gonna try and convince the crew to buy dried pasta cause with there pace and availability on the stove tops I think it would be wise to save the fresh pasta for another day. Since there's a garden full of chard and tomatoes a few foot steps away I might have to take advantage of that. Either way I will post pics and make sure to keep things fresh and simple.
On my next day off I plan on eating again and this time I'm starting early. Mr. FPL ( senor dooley ) has instructed me to check out The Chillmark Tavern and after looking at the menu I'm sold.It's hard to find a restaurant that isn't saturated with tourists food and gimmicks. It's all " just gimme my WHOPPER" up here. So look forward to that as well. The island fair has started up signaling the end of the busy season and also signaling the end of my stay here. But I'm gonna cram as mush as I can before I leave. Now Sleep.
OUI


Trio of summer sorbets with fruit salad and almond crumble
apart of my daily prep CHIVES
my new scab... I told yall i was mixed.
Perfectly cooked medium rare strip 

Comments