A walk to Oak Bluffs, Mass

My day started pretty late for a change. I didn't wake up until about 9am and I spent the morning listening to music and getting ready for my driving lessons. Well that didn't happen ( was secretly hoping ) but I got a chance to meet the rest of the host family that I am staying with. Since the weather was so nice today they decided to take me to Lambert's Cove which is a semi private beach in Tisbury county. OH MY... The water was like 60 degrees and the weather was a breezy 85 degrees I actually enjoyed swimming in the Sound of Martha's Vineyard water thingy. I think I might have ingested a little too much salt water and seaweed but it was all worth it when I noticed a little kid building a sandcastle. Upon deeper inquiring the kid I noticed that he had caught a crab and built it a house to live in.

Anywho so after the beach visit I came back home for a quick nap and then headed into town. In the hurry of packing for the trip I forgot to pack a swimsuit so I went to one of the oldest shops in the island. Needless to say I bought a pair of shorts for 40 bucks vineyard cash which is about 40 bucks dc cash. Good Deal!! After that I was suppose to catch the bus to Oak Bluffs and visit what they call the tourist spot of the island.  I kinda missed the bus and had to walk there and it is about as far as walking to georgetown from petworth! Haha my anckles were sweating.Well "OB" is filled with shops, fun games and stuff.





 I ended up going to a Asian Hibachi kitchen near the ferry. I got some shrimp shumai, vegetable tempera, and then sesame shrimp with asparagus. I ate all that and then staggered to the main port to watch the ferry roll in. These folks over on this side of the island have massive boats with levels and whistles. Also on this side you have these gingerbread style house that are so close together and small I'm definitely sure that my shoes would not be able to fit in them.

I got to say that for a first day off I think it was a success. Oui

Comments