Chappaquiddick say what..???












Well today was a kinda dreary day in the land of the never ending rope belt. A perfect day to wonder around the island though. I had no idea what I was gonna get into today but I just knew that I wouldn't be hungry while do it. I was taken on a tour of Chappaquiddick Island which lies right off the southern coast of edgartown. It was a pretty cool ride to the island mostly because of the 3 car ferry we got to ride on through the katama bay. I've never seen so many boats in one place well usually I'm looking down onto the water while well you can get the idea hopefully. It was a quick 3 minute ferry ride but the view was amazing it almost reminds me of one of those scifi movies where there is a space station and ships flying around it and so much to look at. The island itself however was well an island. The folks who lived on the island chose to live a secluded lifestyle only leaving the island for groceries and other essential items (BOOZE). On the way to Dike bridge which is a pretty famous place I'll get to that story in a few lines. We passed the Only Store store and I wish my phone could have captured the the well I'm not sure what to call it. The store was the size of a master bathroom and had one type of everything that would be in a grocery store. Who ever built it placed it square in what looked like a junkyard and the place reminded me of my great granddad's backyard ( i'll try to give a visual for my non family members. my grand daddy pete was a known for fixing washing machines and over the year has accumulated quite the collection to say the least. i think that there is money buried underneath all the machines.) except is was lacking in charm. But back to the island it was definitely an island of many visual beauties and amazing houses. We drove to a number of places and beaches on the island but the waves were out of control. It was good for surf casting but not for body surfing. I didn't really want to get in the ocean myself because I was trying to keep my sodium intake to a minimum.


























After going to the beaches we drove to Dike bridge were the accident took place some odd years ago. Click here I really don't feel like typing all this info!



What a bridge huh! Through death there is life in the form of swarms of people wanting to see a damn bridge. It's not even 10 ft long and the nerve to have a tour guide. Ok there were no tour guides but you know that's next. Along with a 3D simulation of the crash into the water. Hmmm there will be a need for a food truck maybe I should get on that. So once again I off subject and now I'm back. Once we saw the bridge there was only one thing left to do on the island and that was to walk through the mytoyi garden ( i misspelled it damnit). It was Asian inspired and built by a old resident of the island who passed away and donated it to the reserve i believe. No one ever reads the signs while walking so i skimmed it. The garden was very peaceful and filled with walkways, ponds, streams, huge trees, and animals alike. I even saw a goldfish!!!

After the garden tour we headed back to the ferry and back to "reality". Now I'm off to eat!!!
OUI

Comments