Busy night ever!!!

OK the manager and I got up early and drove a couple of miles to west tisbury to the Scottish bakery. The bakery is known for it's very healthy and vegan friendly pastry and food. I just got my breakfast sandwich of farm fresh eggs, fakin bacon, spinach, and cheddar. Now I'm gonna iron out the events that happen last night on the line. Apparently we had a very busy night so busy that it was there biggest night to date. The front of the house ran smoothly and the reservation could not have been better space wise.



The sandwich is pretty good and the "bacon" is not as hard and bland as that turkey bacon shit you buy at the Safeway.











Now back in the kitchen last night was quite interesting to say the least. I was glad that we were really busy and  tickets were rolling in. The grill and the flattops were never empty of pans and proteins. But I ended up walking out after the last ticket came in and just thinking about what the hell just happen. I'm so use to just working an entire night without needing to take a break so this style of service is definitely gonna take some time to get use too. Also now that I have somethings on the menu I want to make sure they go out and I imagined them in my head. I was just frustrated and tonight should be alot better if not then I just gonna go to the beach and tan.




So on the menu I wanted to try out a dish that everyone and there mother's would enjoy. FRITTERS!!! I did a local corn and lobster fritter with a cilantro tartar sauce. The sauce was made with of course cilantro but I added some of the local corn, caper, onion, sweet peppers, and egg. Making a corn fritter batter is pretty easy and they hold up well to a fast paced kitchen as this one. So I made a saute of corn, peppers, onion, garlic, and a little bit of lobster for color. Then I mixed that in with the fritter batter and there you have it corn fritters with a butter poached lobster tail. It sold out and was a surprise hit. It might end up back on the menu tonight. As far as desserts the apple tartin didn't sell too much but those who had it loved the favors but wished that the crust was a bit softer. I might end up baking the apple in the crust after we sell out the ones from yesterday. For that dessert I decided to make an apple butter and a apple caramel. So I baked off the pie shells and when they were cool I stuffed them with the apple butter places the caramelized apple on top of that. Then smothered it with the apple caramel topped it off with some almond cookie crumbs and bake it to order. It was quite the challenge for something take took 4 minutes to eat. It looked really good and I'm glad I asked for input for the staff seeing that they know the customers better than I do.  

Comments