I'm gonna make a great wingman!

I try not to reread anything I wrote before starting a new post. Just so I can start with a fresh mind and a fresh thought. So to begin :

I have been trying a new technique lately that involves me lying to myself but for a good reason. I have been telling myself that I am very happy. I say it to myself every time I start to think about anything negative that pops into my head. So every morning I wake up I give myself a 10 minute window to think of every possible bad thing that could happen in a day. Then from that point on it's happy thoughts until I lay down at night. It's very hard but so far the reward definitely out weighs the effort.

Arts and crafts are not just for the small and child like. I went to the thrift store and well you know the rest but I had an idea while shopping. So I put the shoes back that I was looking at and ran down to walgreen's to pick up some construction paper, push pins, and a sharpe. I got home and made a goal board yeah it might sound remedial or child like and it is. But I think it came out great and it's right above my bed so every morning I am reminded about things I have to finish and/or start.

These last few days have been getting better and I'm starting to believe this whole think positive thing works. Saturday which was yesterday even though I started this post 2 days ago so that Thursday but I'm speaking in past tense because today in Sunday now. Happy Mother's day btw! I spent the day with some friends out in the suburbs of Oakland. I got to cook a little and drink alot and I don't know it was great to feel that level of comfort with a group of people. Unfortunately Ari made burgers and that's a whole different story I will get to once it all slides thru my intestinal track. But after passing out on the legendary futon for an hour later my friend Shannon took me out on a mission trek to find the Southern Pacific Brewery. Definitely a spot to frequent and her friends were super receptive to my east coast sense of humor. All in all ( I can't believe I just typed all in all ) this past week has been just below amazing ( there goes that east coast thing again) and I already have a few things lined up for this week.

Things will keep getting better!

Someone better start commenting!

OUI

Comments