Highly Annoyed?!

 

Highly Annoyed?!

I just got off the phone…I was delighted to listen to how much fun a person is having. “IS” being the operative word leading me to have this annoyed emotion. I am not actually sure if annoyed is an emotion or a state of being. This pandemic has me trying to figure out way too many things.  Like for instance can you share in the feeling if someone else is annoyed or does it only happen to one person at a time like a yawn or a cough.

 Understanding that I do not actually know, and I trust you and you trust me I think we can be honest with our feelings and emotions. Anonymously…

 I dislike feeling annoyed only because it makes me compare and contrast everything. I am already an over thinker so I can do that on my own but someone else’s “goodtime” only enhances my annoyed stew. A stew that is slowly simmering and well once my mouth starts watering it is a wrap. My day becomes ruined if said stew is left unchecked and then it is back to the Hallmark channel I go. Speaking of which…well I will leave that for another post because that could take a few pages.

Back to the annoying task at hand and how to settle into these feelings. Since I have started taking my mental health seriously, I did some research as to how I can calmly approach rectifying the feeling. My research was pretty much watching a specific romantic comedy. I will fast forward to the part right before the climax and carefully catch the nuances.

 First thing is to acknowledge that you are indeed annoyed and not just hangry. Food is the first action you or rather I take to fix the situation. Everyone in the world knows that if you are hangry nothing and no one can help you. Next on the list if I am already full of kale and quinoa is to understand what I am annoyed with. It could just be jealousy and well that is an easy fix. I would have just hung up the phone and turned Colombo on the mystery channel.

If that is also not the case, then when all else fails grab a pen and write. Write out exactly word for word what I am thinking so that I can understand how it does not make any sense for me to be annoyed. I should at this point in life be aware of my circumstances and other people’s as well. At this point hopefully clarity is reached.

The thought is that this person a friend called to have me join in on the great time their having. I should just enjoy the moment because this person could have done a numerous of other things with their enjoyment. Like enjoyed it. Instead, they chose to call me and brighten up my winter day with an exciting recap.

Now how crazy do I seem? Pretty normal I would reckon or as my therapist probably wants to say, “weird understandably concerned”. In my own mind I wonder how I can do all that work and continue being annoyed with the same things. I really appreciate my therapist’s voicemail services…

Oui’d

Comments