Bluntly Caffeinated

 

Took a minute this morning but I managed to get out and walk today. The only thing that seems to motivate me to leave the house a friend. So, I met with a friend today for a coffee outside in this weather. It was cold but not cold enough for me to say no to an extra hot oat milk latte with no whip but frothy. I walked the whole way down 16th street and took my time knowing this is the only chance I might get to be outside comfortably. There were no dangers, loud noises, looters, or single men in sight. Perfect!

We talked about our usually life goals, crazy memories, greatest influences, mental health, and well the weather! It was cold as hell and we sat outside at a safe distance and just enjoyed being around someone else. At least that is what I’m thinking we did. We met way back in 2008 maybe honestly, I don’t remember. I want to say 2008 because I was fresh into my culinary school internship at the restaurant and still getting my barring. Regardless of the time frame we were able to talk about so many things and I like hearing someone else’s view on life. During this pandemic I have gained a fondness for listening but not to myself so much. Most of life is spent listening I think but I can almost never remember being able to appreciate a conversation. Only if the conversation was swayed in my direction. Talking about yourself out loud to someone else is very overrated. I want to know about you and your thoughts because I tend to think clearer for myself when I’m lost in other people’s thoughts. That is why you should eat alone out once this is all over. I see why coffee shops are popping up everywhere people like being nosy and caffeinated.

When we finally reached the point of our cups being frosted over my walk back home took me almost an hour. I think I ended up going to this organic market and found an affordable goat cheese. I thought wouldn’t this be a good prize for myself since I managed to leave my apartment and have a positively shared experience with a friend. I ended up buying a bunch of kale, a mild cooking olive oil, and even a new shopping tote. I think I paid for it but who cares it’s a pandemic!

With this new month and season springing forward I’m going to see if I can get someone to add a few bits of their daily life on here. This is a highly rewarding platform for someone to just say some shit and get back to the world. Here is hoping…

 

Oui’d

Comments