Scary Thought

Coughs... Silence... Breathe...


It has come to my attention that I have been "away" for a while now. Some might even say "in hiding" or "just plain lazy". All of which are true except for one thing and you want to know what that is?!

Got you all trapped in my web of knowledge and exploratorealism (my new word). Well keep reading this and you'll see why it's taking me so long to begin divulging my tales of moving to this city. That last part kinda sounded familiar to me ... whatever.

I'll just give a recap of sorts and then go into full on cinemax versions of my travels. But first why didn't anyone warn me about moving all the way across the country. I was a little naive about the weather here in "sunny" San Francisco I only packed swim trunks, a chef coat, goggles, a toothbrush, and 5 pairs of shoes! Most of the stuff I brought I sold just to stay one more day in paradise. Apparently that's the west coast state of mind ( Just make it one more day) almost a mantra of sort.

Moving to this city was easy enough it seemed. Pack up some fierce shoes and try not to stick out like a mary jane at a night club (shoe reference joke). Before I decided to move I was working in Martha's Vineyard and living the dream like that gary coleman tv show way back when. You know when they get adopted or stolen and forced to live with the old white guy. That wasn't what I was doing but I like for you guys to imagine me doing that. One can dream...




Anyways so I flew home and told my parents I was moving to the eternal sunshine state and quickly corrected myself and said San Francisco. Silence filled the room like a family reunion at golden corral. But not the classy golden corral the one that the kids let the ice cream machine run over their arms. Ooh or where the parents don't care and leave you an 80 cent tip. I didn't know if it was good or bad but I knew I would have to go through with it now. So blah blah blah I moved out here in October and got a job. Bought more shoes and moved into a house that was pricey for my east coast standards but just right for my new west coast liberalism. I was hoping to be in that house for at least 6 months but nope. The landlord opted for a better place in OAKLAND ahhh run bitch we gots to go. Grab you aerobed, tecate, and shoes and run!!! All the while I was working at a well known restaurant out here leaving every night full on food and half on life. Enter climatic music and slow walking montage with a slight close up on the shoes.

Off subject again... I thought I dressed pretty normal but out here I look like nelson mandela or something the first month or so. I had to go upgrade myself at the nearest thrift store and buy some over sized shirts and mustard colored jeans. See Photo please.

I always write to many words but I know at least a few people are reading this. Shout out to Kelli and her Mom. It won't be as depressing as the last blog entries were. Can't promise that but it will give you something to look forward to. But so far it has been a trial and error kind of thing here and I've been reading so much that my vocabulary has began to expand. So has my waist... no comment! I'm starting my job search again and have begun dating and I'll get to that in greater detail in a bit. Trust me you don't want to miss that people. I've been called Guiseppe Bradshaw too many times in my life. Ok I call myself that but it's a kind of punishment for being so aloof about certain areas of my life. Check back 7 words SEE THAT screw you SAT prep.

All right my arms are tired from typing and gyming this pass week with nick. So give me lots of praise and don't forget to send your checks to my address for your free tshirts!!

OUI














Comments