Driving around in a Hybrid...

OK so now I'm kinda getting back to the swing of vineyard life. Hopefully I'll get a day off soon to really go out and try some of the new food on the island. There are a couple of chef changes at some of the old restaurants. Also some places have gone a little more upscale in the ingredients used on the menu. The chef that I'm working for has been on the island for 20 years and has seen it all. He is known for his flavors but most importantly his crab cakes. I can't really tell you what's in them seeing I don't even know but there deep fried and really good. It has to be the nutmeg I "accidentally" dropped into the mix as the prep cook was stirring it. He serves them with a few garnish greens and a caper aioli it's quite the hit up here. Most of the dishes on the menu are island favorites with a little twist. Check out the menu and ask question or hell leave me a comment so I will have something to do up here.

I'm teaching one of there prep cooks how to organize and plate desserts and salads. But having to show people how to plate at my last job. I've learned that I have to kinda release the artsy side of plating and go with what works for that cook. He's never cooked before and I wasn't about to show him how to put the 16th chapel on a plate ( even though EVERYONE knows I can paint a plate like any of those white old men from the Renaissance fair). The desserts on the other hand is going to be a little hard to change around I mean what can I say ....! Not everyone likes creamy mint panna cotta with rhubarb soup or a cherry with basil syrup and chocolate gelato. Hmph

We have a few things in the works like a bass ceviche, yellow fin tartare, and beef carpaccio. Like I said all island favorites with a twist. Maybe I'll try paula deens recipe for Parmesan crisp. It'd butter in a non stick pan and salt! I thought it was missing something so I added the Parmesan cheese and it worked! I'll keep everyone posted on what's  next for the kitchen and the island but comment damnit. I'm tired of watching the goat for a few hours before work. Thanks





My overnight stay is Boston...ughh


Last night with the crew!
OUI

Comments