My hair is so long... down there!!!

Over the last couple of days it's been like a damn roller coaster up here. Love. Hate. Love. Hate. Throw up.

I'm finally slipping into the pastry role and so far it's fun. I decided to push my cookie making skills further and I came up with some good ones ( obviously not anything ground breaking). So far I've done oatmeal apricot with pumpkin seeds, watermelon shortbread, and carrot cake cookies. I served them as the cookie of the day with housemade vanilla and caramel pudding. So far everyone has been liking them and I'm thinking about just putting it on the menu and seeing what happens. Joe the chef gave me a watermelon... :silence: so with that out of the way I decided to try and make sherbet with it and a granita. I want to serve it with just some simple fruit and the watermelon shortbread. I need a drink already and it's only 9 am but I miss walking up hungover and cooking. It's when I get the most done and I lose weight because I can't eat anything for 8 hours.

Besides that my parents came up for a few days and they loved it. They even befriended the local white folks and chatted them up on the beach. My parents stayed in a house built by Sam Dunn and his son but the doors and windows don't lock because we are living out here. Nothing happens out here and there's no need to lock anything. Cars, windows. doors, bikes, fridges, dogs, and even sally the goat can all be safe secure here without a lock. SO the first thing my dad does is lock everything in the house because a bear might show up at the door. I laughed that off thinking of a different type of bear and proceeded to show my dad the best way to deal with a bear. I showed him how to throw a knife straight and true ... let's just say I hit the tree right in the heart. Oh but it didn't move or bleed my dad was kinda scared again. Lets back track a few years ago...

A talented and artistic ( not autistic) 13 year old boy was forced to shot a helpless animal by his father. Even though for years this boy has been making weapons and bombs in hopes that zombies would try and take over his house. My dad told me to shoot it and both him and my brother tried and missed. The first shot I didn't line up or anything I was trying to miss. He said  "just hit it" and I did with no hesitation and it hit the ground and the rest was history. I think he was scared of me after that for a bit or it could have been the time I threw a spear at a lizard and sliced the tail off ON PURPOSE!

 More to post later so with that I off to work!
OUI









Comments