A shoat and my coat!!!

Sunday was a fun day for me in the vineyard!!!
I got to go to a real country club up island. The Farmneck golf club was a really nice and cottagey club to wine and dine and throw or putt a few balls during the day. I went to the club house to grab some grub while Mr. Dunn practice golfing( is that a verb) so he showed me the bar and I did the rest. I ordered like a fat girl who just watch gossip girls and felt guilty about it. I got the french toast and the omelet due fromage. I nearly finished the whole lot and then Mr. Dunn came back and I "offered" the rest to him haha. Pretty swanky place and he even took me on a tour in which I saw Spike Lee's house and his huge "flagpole" showing off his love the the NY Yankees. I'm still hungry though...

After the big tour of chappashfsofhsj island lol I came home a took a much needed nap before heading out to feed. I had to dress the part and those of you who know my personal style or lack there of. I had to wear my BRIGHT ORANGE DUNKS where ever I went so I strapped myself in and grabbed a vest and headed up to chilmark and even more rural part of the island.


Chilmark Tavern is a really well apparently the back history is that for the last 3 years the restaurant has flipped every year. Almost always into a new and different concept and this year it's getting better reviews and I got a inside tip ( Senor dooley once again) to check it out. I drove up on a rain day and well you guys know my battles with moving objects that you steer with a round handle type thing. Driving in the vineyard is unlike driving anywhere else in the world. I mean there are no stop lights on the whole island AT ALL. Imagine that s@@@ you drive for hours and reach an intersection and theres a stop sign and a million cars and a goat. What do you do and who has the rightaway!? Since I'm staying up island it didn't take me that long to reach the tavern upon arriving I passed the place twice because there are no markings or restaurant signs around except a Chilmark Tavern sign in the square of what seems to be a general store and a small "strip mall". I parked ( 20 mins later) and reached the door and walked in to this dimly light cafeteria style banquet hall of sort. Really nice and space really well for the size of the place. It's BYOB like all restaurants up island which is fine for most people. Martha's Vineyard has 2 towns that are allowed to sell liqour in bars and such making it hard to get drunk after a terrible shift like tonight ( no comment). Up island is completely dry and you have to bring your own wine and or booze. Water is free !!! MMMMMM extra ice please!! There's an open kitchen at the far end of the hall and a wooden bar at opposite. I sat at the bar and try to look the part of a vineyard kid just trying to spend daddies money on a good meal. The menu was straight forward and american with the lobster roll on the menu a new englander staple. I ordered the ribs and the cod because I knew that this was only the start of my belly stretching beyond it's limits. The ribs were braised and glazed with a spicy and asainy sauce and served with cucumber noodles and sweet potato crisps. I would have taken pictures but oddly enough everything looks exactly like the photos on the website. Who would have thought? They were really good and tender and they reminded of my dad's ribs that are braised (boiled) and glazed ( smothered until you can only taste the sauce) deliciously.  The staff didn't seem to be affect by the island attitude most of the restaurant peeps have. No one seem to be burnt out and ready for the season to be over. By the time the main course was ready I had already talked to one of the hostess and explained my reason for being here and wearing the orange. I got the Cod with bouillabaisse served with mint, peas, and clams. Very simple and done really well. That's all I can say I really enjoyed it and watching the kitchen staff really helped my homesickness. Not really but it reminded me on the basement .... so. I left a note for the chef who was off of work and headed down to edgartown in hopes of getting a bar seat at another great vineyard restaurant.


Damn lady walk across the street! You dropped you million dollar yacht over there nevermind you have another right? OK.
So Edgartown is the Bethesda or King st of the island. Filled to the brim with salmon colored pants and a country club that would put anyone to shame ( or feeling less of themselves).

 I ventured in Atria and the Brickcellar a island staple for good island fair and a great beer. I was shocked at the crowd that gather to this island hot spot. I felt right at home with my vest and cardigan although I wish I had taken andy's rope belt from out his locker before I left. The food was just like most restaurant on the island with seafood dominating the menu. But I sat downstairs at the Brickcellars bar where if you can believe it.

There was a 52 inch HD flatscreen tv dead center of the bar showing the red sox game I was truly amazed. I sat kinda at the corner cause the light from the tv was messing with my color scheme of my wardrobe. I decided to try an island beer brewed not to far from edgartown and ordered a beef carpaccio as first and then a fried calamari with watercress as a second. The carpaccio was really good as most dishes of that nature are. It was served with capers. asparagus, goat cheese, and a spicy green mix. I was very happy and then my calamari came out. Now after my short new york visit when I was interviewing and such I got accustomed to using chopsticks for everything. When the calamari came out I was pleased to have received my very own chopstick utensil. I mean how many times does that happen I was almost in heaven and then the dessert came out. I could have jumped up and spoke in tongues while doing backflips and calling the solider to war. A summer cobbler of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and a thick doughy crust served with ice cream. I almost didn't mind the after effect of me being on the toilet for almost an hour. That thing should have been put on a golden platter I mean it was full of .... I mean I could have rubbed....  just imagine the best body butter you could buy!!! Now imagine it being edible... not let someone feed it to you. That's what I'm talking about. OHHH now add some Sade music in the background whew I need a break!



To say the least I enjoyed myself and left a nice tip and walked to my all white jetta hit the gas a was off back up island cause the rain had began to get FIERCE!! Work was well something to learn from tonight and I now know my limits as far as working with COUGHS people that are struggling in there own life and decide to bring that shit to the forefront of a restaurant. Trust that when I'm in power I will maintain balance and make sure that nothing goes sour. ( I think that was a phun). I need to make the rest of my time here great and start buying gifts for everyone. I hope you guys like Lobster pants there's a sale going on at the black dog!!!
OUI

Comments

  1. You must be raking in the cash. Ballin straight outrageous, i hope our little DC town will be enough for you after you been hob-nobbin at the country club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only you knew!!! I hope I still have a job when I get back haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment