Mad dash across New England

Wowwee... Just to get everyone up to speed. I was invited
 to ride up to the vineyards with the general manager of the
Saltwater Restaurant. Umm yeah I can honestly say that is
was a pretty great ride up. We drove through Pennsylvania,
New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and
then through Massachusetts. I took pictures of as many
things as I could within reason. I mean I was in a BMW
convertible going about 80 mph the entire way. I didn't even
 throw up!!














We started out at 10 am and reached the Ferry at 8 pm great timing seeing that the ferry was set to leave at 830pm. The ride across whatever body of water it may have been was great. Not a rocking

motion in sight. The view was OK I wished I would have made the boat that left a little early. I would have gotten to see the island in the light. But I can save that for another day I mean I have 29 days left to explore and work.










Speaking of work we made it in time to grab a couple of plates at the restaurant that I will be working at for the month. I can honestly say that it brought me back to my days spent at blacksalt and the other places
I worked. Great food, very casual, and not fussed over I was also surprised at a couple of the dishes. To start the chef sent out some oysters and clams that were freshly caught in the harbour with some 
mignonette and horseradish. Then followed by a lobster salad atop a golden fried green tomato this dish is also named after a famous chef who past away (KK). After that course we got to enjoy a sea scallop seared with a slaw of Asian pear, radicchio, and almonds with a curry scented oil. It was definitely refreshing after having rode in a car with the suns heat searing my mixed skin. To get off subject for a line or 2 did I mention that I was mixed. Oh yeah I'm half black, a quarter Korean, a eighth hachapana Indian, a sixteenth Scot-Irish, and a touch Hindu for some obvious reasons. But I digress... next the chef sent out a pan seared halibut served with a creamy potato puree and a corn succotash. I thought it was great and the balsamic sauce gave it a much needed dose of acidity. And after that course I got the braised short ribs and short ribs dumpling duo. Which was also very good. You guys should check out the menu when you have a chance.











 As we made our way to the island I was really getting the full 
effect that I would be spending 30 days learning and exploring
Martha's Vineyard. Hopefully most of the time won't be spent
 throwing up due to my motion sickness battle. This place really
 reminds me of my great grandparents house in Wagener, 
South Carolina. Very laid back and Slow paced. I kinda knew
 I wouldn't be able to get a full nights sleep because of the friends
 that I shared a bedroom with. Ha Ha lets just say any other time 
I would have shrieked with fear. I also knew that someone from
 my family who shall remain nameless would be calling bright and 
early. Thanks by the way DAD!!! To wake up in the farm house 
was a little much with these damn allergies. YAWNS... To see this
 farm house in the light and to see all the animals romping around
 it's really great. Can I use the word romp like that?
Whatever anyway They have a cast of animals from goats
 to ducks running around. I'm going into the restaurant early 
to finish up some typing then I going on a tour of the island 
before I start my first dinner service. 

Comments

  1. Hey Joe, great posting!

    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your journey to New England. The description of the scenary was fanstatic. Felt like I was riding along with you with the wind blowing through my hair. And the way you described your dinner, humm..humm..good! Oh, I need a toothpick. Can't wait to read more on your journey and experiences. Till next time. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just need to get you some whale pants. good luck dude, gotta represent.just dont go makin gnochi and bread soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joey, I am really proud of you. I can say that I remember when... Excellent. E. Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow thanks I havent seen you in a while I hope this blog isnt too vulgar I know you remember me as a little boy lol thanks for reading it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment