Back in the swing of things!

So it's been a little while since returning back to the District. I've had time to collect my thoughts about the events that took place up on the Vineyard and now is the time. The time to finally give me thoughts and close this chapter of the chronicles of oui.

It's safe to say that me lasting the entire month was definitely going to happen because I needed a story to tell my children one day. There were moments when I had went home and packed my bags for a short flight home and then I woke up and felt kinda stupid for packing all my shoes up. I was ready to finish out the rest of my week in the vineyard on a good note and then this hurricane ( thank goodness it wasn't named after anyone black) came and ruined it. I mean I didn't even get a chance to take in the beauty of the Bluff house and eat all of everyone's food. I left in a kind of hurry and the trip was a little stressful in that I left my chef clogs underneath the coffee station and my bags were 21 pounds over the limit so I had to pay an extra $50 dollars before boarding the plane. There just lucky I was in a good mood because I would have set it off in a bad way. It was a short flight from Boston Logan airport to BWI and I enjoyed every minute UMM... except for the lady who sat next to me. She was fine at first reading one of those fabioinducedlovecomanolifenovels but when the wheels of the plane sped up she had a make shift stroke and laid face down on her eating tray. Now usually I would do something you now to help the situation like throw water on her face or check her purse. But since we were moving at a pace that was not comfortable for me I did the next best thing. DID THE SAME DAMN THING!! When we awoke we were half way there and I felt like a new born baby wearing adult diapers. OK that didn't sound the same as it did in my head but I'm sure you guys get it. When I got back to DC I had to make sure I had electricity and went to see my mother and family did I did what I did best. Became a fish and swam in a fish bowl of GIN.

I cannot express how much going to Martha's Vineyard helped to put that spark back in my food. I hope that I didn't offend anyone or make anyone think that I wasn't happy while being there. I woke up every morning with such a zest for living in such a place that has so much life and so much culture. Living with Bean and Billy was ( sorry I had to pause for a moment) GREAT haha. The stories and there comfort level with me made me feel right at home. But the spiders really sealed the deal and now I own one a spider that is. I named her sally ok but I'm not sure if it's a female but there is some white stuff coming out of the back side of it. SO Bean if your reading this which you should I hope you garden is there again next year and if I am allowed to come up I promise you I will use it to it's fullest until nothing is left. Oh and tell Billy to be careful on those riding lawnmowers please.

Since we are on the subject of cake ... wait were we discussing cake? What ingredient is most important when making a cake? No not the butter and no it's not the oven. Well you do need all those things and a long list of other things. But a nice pair of hands should be on the top of the list. I had a chance to meet and live with such hands. I really didn't think how I would be accept by the family that I would be staying with up on the vineyard. I was pleasantly surprised when I felt right at home with the conversations and well conversations of the family. And they included me in the group discussions as if my opinion mattered but it did matter. Eleanor and Sam with arms and doors wide open allowed me to full immerse myself in there family and only expected out of me to be myself and COOK. Cook I did and whenever they came into Saltwater to enjoy a meal I made sure they ate some piece of my brain be it the front lobe or back. As long as they gave me feed back that was good I was all ears. But you guys know I won't mention the comment about my chocolate pudding being to orangey because I'm not bitter at all. But I do thank you guys for allowing me the honor to show you my personality and humor and everything you got to see from me. But let's keep the angry parts and/or me walking out to ourselves please! Oh and Sam I still enjoy the saltwater just not when it reached the back of my nostrils I still can hear the waves back there.

P.S. my favorite movie is still and will forever be WHITE CHICKS!


Let's not forget that I wouldn't have made it all the way to Massachusetts without the help and driving skills of Peter and his trusty convertible. I would have never imagined myself driving up the coast in one of those. If it wasn't for the dirt and bugs that were attached to my face I would have thought I was dreaming. Also your comments were ( at times) helpful and made me step up my game so for that I am thankful. Make sure you tell Sheffield thanks for keeping my feet warm and for the slobber spots on my luggage.

The staff at saltwater were so accepting of me so fast I thought I was apart of some minority bill that they were trying to get passed. I felt so welcoming and Stacey always made sure she talked me off the ledge every night until finally she ended up just putting a glass of white wine in my hand and showing me to the nearest food spot after work. THE KEY TO MY HEART IS FOOD, maybe laundry, and the occasional glass of white wine. To Lee-ann, Sergio, Saadic, Leo, OJ, Steven, Kealee, Michelle, Sherri, and for all those I missed Thanks for making this experience something to remember.

Mr. Sam Dunn ( lil sam I think that's what everyone called you) I hope you know that I grew leaps and bounds since leaving the vineyard. I can honestly saw that I didn't expect to learn much seeing that I was sent up there to work. But when you give a goat ample room to run around you might end up getting too much milk to handle. I think when you gave me leeway to create desserts that I've never tested you unlocked that door that was kept closed. No one knew what would come out of that door. Hell I was afraid that I would go apecrazy and have to use my inhaler while plating some of the stuff. I most likely will never forget the things you told me or the things I saw EVER! And after I see my therapist who I booked right when I returned I should be back to normal again haha. I see him via satellite ... it's Dr. Phil.I wish you all the best with you family and hopefully I'll see you soon maybe in my neck of the woods.

I'll end this blogiary on a good note and want to let everyone know that I will be starting a new blog about the city I'm in and my view on things. Look for it soon and don't forget... OUI

Comments

  1. I just love all your adventures. I love calling you my nephew. Keep up the good work, and don't stop writing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment