A Whirlwind of a trip

Ughh...
Where the hell are my notes...

Working at Palena was the single most greatest thing I've done to date. With that being said " I'M FREE!!" and back on the vineyard. But first let's recap the last few days before this trip.

Saturday shift is usually busy from 5:30 and everyone expected it to be a long draining service. Being pushed into working expo on my last day instead of walking around with a glass of wine seemed evident. I worked and called out tickets until the last ticket was in. But as soon as the last school bell rang I grabbed a bottle of cynar sat my fat ass down and began to slowly become a drunkard. The staff and I slowly walked over to Ripple where a past line mate was now cheffing for his life and we grabbed the farm table sat down to discuss a shining star. Said shining star was already knee deep into 3 side cars ( the best drink in the world , well an el guiseppe is first but whatever) and hearing all the stories about how I alone mind you save everything and everybody made me feel good. Good enough to down 2 shots of scotch and end up at IHOP were I proceeded to order ... well to be honest I can't recall what I ordered and the burp the next morning left me wondering if parsnips were back in season.
Waking up wasn't a joy because of the meer fact that I once again had to repack my bag and clean up my apartment. On top of that I kinda forgot that my dad was coming over to pick me up at noon. After an hour of running, jumping, pushing, pulling, arching, walking, biting, killing, oh and surfing ( the internet) I finally manage to leave my place and head back to Cheltenham, MD home of the fighting yellow jackets! After eating a whole guava cake ( that's a joke for Jonny... haha") we jumped back into the car and headed to BWI for my 5:09 pm flight to Boston Logan International Airport. I got there early because of well you know the drill and I wanted to make sure priceline didn't screw me over. I heard that all flights into and out of Boston were delayed due to a weather front going west. So instead of leaving at 5:09 I ended up getting on a plane at 9:30 so with that being said I missed the bus to wood's hole and the last ferry across the cape. I almost lost it while up in the air. The plane was definitely prestone age ... I mean are all plane pedal activated. I had to wake up the girl next to me to make sure we stayed above 30,000 ft. Even the preflight safety movie they usually show was a live action old school display of how to inflate you life vest and to apply you breathing apparatus. Airtran get it together. Once I landed I had to quickly find a hotel that was vacant and get there. I ended up at a Suburban Extended stay hotel and the only room they had left was a suite that was way over priced. It did have a kitchen and a couch but the guy said the key machine didn't work so I couldn't leave my room after he let me in. I screamed. I woke up got the first shuttle to the airport got on the bus and got some sleep while the bus driver swayed his way to Woods Hole. Everything seemed to be working out great we made it to the boat just before the 12pm ferry was leaving and Big Sam picked me up and Oaks Bluff and drove me over to meet to new chef I would be working under for the summer. After grabbing some sushi and fried clams, but first did I mentioned that at the point I had not eaten since staff meal on saturday night, I've never looked better you could see my ribs and ankles. So we headed to Bean's farm house were I settled in for a nap and that's when the rain started and it poured for a few hours.
I woke up ...cough... suddenly and Big Sam took me back to Saltwater to have a taste of the new chef's menu and everything was good. While eating I noticed a familiar face sitting a few seats from me. Joan Nathan was having dinner with some friends and she noticed Sam but not me. Then I realized I've only seen her talking to Frank or seen her eating. But I got introduced to her and she offered to help me with my moved to San Francisco by calling Alice Waters and seeing if she had any openings. HOLY CRAP!! What do I wear for that... wait a minute Mrs. Jewish-Italian are you serious? Well I'll find out soon enough in the mean time I found out that I might be pushed into the Pastry Dept up here which would be a good change of pace for me. My first day is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to being back in that kitchen again. If I remember anything else I'll be sure to post it. Kellie your mom better like this!

Oh and Thanks mom and dad!!

OUI

Comments